jueves, 28 de octubre de 2010

ADJECTIVES

An adjective is a word that describes or gives information about a personal noun, a place, animals or things.
Examples:
  1. The cat is small
  2. The man is tall
  3. The woman is fat

Grades of comparison

One - syllable adjectives form their comparative and superlative by adding er and est to the positive form:

Positive:

  1. My grandfather is old.
  2. The weather is warm today.
  3. My suitcase is very heavy.

Comparative:

  1. My grandfather is older than my father.
  2. It is warmer today than yesterday.
  3. My suitcase is havier than yours.

Superlative:

  1. My grandfather is the oldest in my family.
  2. The weather forecasts said "tomorrow will be the warmest day of the week"
  3. My suitcase was the heaviest of all.












No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario